School work has me bogged down a bit. I love my drawing class and the teacher often pushes me to excel. She has this way about her that makes me strive to out preform myself on a regular occasion. Maybe I’m drawn to people like this because I know that there is no limit when it comes to the accomplishments I choose to achieve or maybe I’m just a little sick in the head and enjoy a little torture every now and again.hehehe maybe all the above. I work well under pressure and I love a hard deadline. I have a inDesign class from a prof I’ve had before and she speaks like she doesn’t breath air between thoughts. I adore her, that is when I understand what it is I’m doing. Her expectations are not too high for me so I find that it is my own need to push when she does not. Funny how that works huh. She is so kind and understanding yet I am not when it comes to my inner voice. I wonder at times if it is Advertising that I will blossom into or if I will fall backwards into my comfort zone of personal pleasure. I feed off of both.
Oh, The drawings you see are to be rendered before the end of the quarter, they only served a purpose for a daily grade at the moment. Both were 1 1/2 hour sketches at these point on freaking huge paper, the print out you see is 8.5 X 11. When my final comes I will need to choose 5 completely rendered drawings for my grade, very hard choice but I favor drawing bones over flowers any day. It is the texture and difficulty that amazes me and the duration that one drawing can absorb my mind I guess. Any who……
I’ll try to share more about my classes.
- Psychology prof is crazy smart and thinks I can hang with the big boys when it comes to molecular chemistry but I’m telling ya, I don’t like to read scientific mags nor to I enjoy discussing the the way voles portray a humans nature of sexual monogamy when exposed to certain biological chemistries. Blah…. Just that fact that I know what I’m writing right know makes me queazy. The essays are ok, he can read my hand writing(lol says he can) and my spelling does not send him into convulsions but I’ll blow him away when I get to present my lecture on sex. lol NO! I didn’t ask for the topic but if i had the chance their would be no better choice. I think I’ll grab a bag of candies and throw them at the sudents who can stay with me and follow with enthusiasm. Why not? it worked well when I would speak about telecom jargon when I worked in that field. Funny how enthused grown men get when chocolate is involved. lol
- Illustrator prof is full on!!!! He won the first MTV reality show for Engine Room. Dude rocks! and he’s yummy too. He get so excited when he teaches that I can’t help but to listen. Oh, and he too does not play well with others. lol That is a kindred sprit for sure. Self portrait is due next week ( this is an open concept btw). I’m thinking my hand, yeah I have a thing about hands, with my eyes embedded in the palm or my mouth wide open with my eyes peaking out? idk I want some thing a little off cause that’s just a more accurate representation of who I am. It would be painfully boring to draw myself realistically. Red hair, green eyes and eyes that see the unseen….. I live it… why reproduce it?
- Drawing prof, She’s a rocker that paints all her concerts. I’ve been to one of her shows and it was a true feast for my sense. her expressive movement dances across her work and it feels like you are there amongst the crowd listening to the music that reverberates within your heart long after you’ve walked away.
- inDesign prof (Digital Layout), well, I will grow up to be like her. One of these days this computer jargon will roll off my tongue just like it does when I speak about art. the fact that I must create a 12 page mag spread in the next few days is not daunting If my WordPress friends don’t mind me asking to use them for the spread. hint hint hint……
- ok I’m done. back to home work, just letting ya know i’m reading your words and following your blogs even if you do not feel my words flowing through you right now.